Victory Christian School welcomes the experience of having international students on our campus and the richness that their presence provides to our student body. Through our International Program, students from countries around the globe can receive a high-quality, college-preparatory education with a Christian worldview. Students enjoy a secure atmosphere where they can see their academic potential realized as well as develop wholesome and long-lasting friendships. In addition, students are provided the opportunity to experience American culture through field trips, school clubs, college visits and sponsored events. International students who are not living with their families are placed with Christian host families who are screened and approved by our International Department, thereby experiencing family life in a Christian home here in the United States.
For more information, please contact our International Student Director, Sherrill Whipple, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-499-4565.
- Applicants to High School may not have more than 2 failed credits from a previous school. Failed credits must have been retaken and passed.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a “C” (2.0) average on a (4.0) scale in core academic courses.
- Transcript/Report card must be sent to Foreign Credentials Service of America to provide a general statement of equivalency and provide a detailed course-by-course listing which can be used to award transfer to the school.
- Applicants must be able to present recommendations from their current principal, teacher, or some other recognized educator who can attest to the applicant’s academic ability and/or performance per approval from administration.
- Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently.
10 steps to becoming a Conqueror
VCS enrollment application must be completed online and required paperwork must be turned into the admissions coordinator. The application fee is $140.00 and is non- refundable.
It is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to email the Principal and Teacher recommendation forms (notated on the online application) to the appropriate person to complete for the student. These recommendation form letters are required in order to complete the application packet. Hard copies of the form can be downloaded and sent to the appropriate person if email is not avaialble.
It is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to have all documentation to include but not limited to report cards, transcripts, and immunization records translated into English submitted with the application packet, The financial cost of translation is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
The parent or legal guardian can use the service of Inlingua. Inlingua is a worldwide translation and language teaching company that translates the documents from their foreign language into English. Their website address is www.inlingua-it.com. Their address is address is 3818 Spicewood Springs Rd., Suite 300, Austin, TX 78759. Their telephone number is (512) 794-8789 and fax number (512) 794-8090.
Students must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently. This will be assessed during video interviews and writing assignments.
It is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to have the Power of Attorney completed, notarized and enclosed in the application packet.
After the report card and or transcript has have been translated, it is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to have the documents sent to Foreign Credentials Service of America. The financial cost of the equivalency statement is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
Foreign Credentials Service of America provides a general statement of equivalency and provides a detailed course- by-course listing which can be used to award transfer credit for universities, professional licensing agencies, teacher certification, etc. Their website address is www.fcsa.biz. Their address is 1910 Justin Lane, Austin, TX 78757. Their telephone number is (512) 459-8428 and fax number is (512) 459-4565.
- Applying to Elementary – need report cards K-5 through current grade level
- Applying to Middle School – need report cards 6th through current grade level
- Applying to High School – need 8th grade report cards or transcript through current grade level and/or all High School credits.
All the forms in the online packet have to be completed and translated into English (where appropriate) The below forms can be sent from and uploaded to the online application.
- - Principal Recommendation Letter
- - Teacher Recommendation Letter
- - Student Record Release Form
- - Copy of Birth Certificate
- - Copy of Passport
- - Copy of Visa
- - Completed I-134, Affidavit of Support
- - Report Cards
- - Official Academic Transcript (8th thru 12th grades – translated into English and converted into US credits) The Registrar will then review all documentation in order to provide a graduation audit and possible schedule.
- - Copy of Immunization Record
- - Copy of Physical Exam Form
- - Power of Attorney
- - iTEP Exam (English Proficiency Test)
At this time the application packet will be given to the principal and an interview will be scheduled via Skype between the applicant, international department designee, admission department designee and principal. The host family may also be present during the interview. A screen shot of the applicant will be taken during the Skype interview for identification purposes. After the interview is complete, the international department, based on the interviewing committee's endorsement, will submit thier recommendation for acceptance to the Superintendent for a final decision concerning admittance to VCS.
After the applicant is accepted, payment plan and appropriate enrollment fees must be paid. Finalizing the tuition contract online and paying the enrollment fees completes applicant’s enrollment.
International students will have two payment plans to choose from.
a. Annual Payment – All fees and full tuition payment must be made before the student starts school. The preferred payment methods are cash, U.S. Cashier’s Check, U.S. Money Order or U.S. Credit Card. If another form of payment is used there will be a waiting period of 10 business days to verify funds. The student may start school once funds are verified.
b. Semester Payment Plan – All fees and one-half of total tuition must be made before the student starts school. The preferred payment methods are cash, U.S. Cashier’s Check, U.S. Money Order or U.S. Credit Card. If another form of payment is used there will be a waiting period of 10 business days to verify funds. The student may start school once funds are verified. All second semester tuition and fees are due prior to the student returning to school.
International students under either payment plan cannot attend classes nor be on campus until funds are received and verified.
Once the applicant has completed enrollment the I-20 will be issued to the applicant. It is the student and parent/guardian’s responsibility to have a valid STUDENT VISA when they enter school.