Every person has a worldview—the foundational perspective from which the individual’s belief system is derived. VCS integrates into the academic curriculum a Biblical Worldview (BWV) as the foundation from which all subjects are taught. We intentionally teach our students to view life through the lens of truth revealed in the Bible.
- Who is God and what is His nature and character?
- How is man created in the image of God, how did man fall, and why is he in need of restoration?
- What is God’s plan for a restored relationship through Jesus Christ?
- How can we trust and apply the Scriptures as God’s inspired, inerrant word?
- What is the importance and benefit of growing in spiritual discipline?
- How can we intelligently evaluate and positively engage the prevailing culture?
- What is the Holy Spirit’s role and responsibility in the believer’s life?
- What does being “spirit-filled and directed” mean to the life of the believer?
- How is God involved in history through people, events and His Church?
Our consummate purpose is to educate and graduate students who are equipped take the ministry of Jesus to the ends of the earth. In Matthew 10:16, Jesus sent His disciples into the world with the statement, “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as snakes and innocent as doves.” Through our biblically integrated curriculum, we teach students how to discern truth, to witness to others, to minister love to hurting people and to operate in the gifts of the Spirit, ultimately representing Jesus in our culture through personal knowledge of God and His truth.